Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fashion that makes me want to punch someone!

Okay, so I'm not at all opposed to buying things that are very expensive if you really want something, especially when designer-threads can be so inspiring. Sometimes, it really is wearable art. And I get that. I do. Art is expensive. But this is just fucking redick. Balmain's ripped army tee is being retailed for over $1500 dollars. It's a shirt with holes in it. They can never justify that. Ever. Buy your own damn tee and rip it up. Usually with designer threads, to an extent, you can justify the price with the craftsmanship-- if you've ever owned anything designer, you cannot bottle up the quality of the garment. Especially when it comes to the more tailored pieces. Now I love Balmain. I think many of their items are just incredible. Their craftsmanship on their blazers or shoes... I would think about paying the requested price if i wanted something that badly. In this case however, the only thing that you're paying for is the name Balmain. And fahsion for a name only is never ever worth it. Ever.

2 comments:

Runic Rhyme said...

Kelly, I came across this today and had to share! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

YES! THATS AWESOME!