Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2 in 1 OOTD.

Okay so it's a little late in the evening but I wanted to share some thing's I've had for a while now that I really love. Not having a camera makes this whole blogging thing kinda hard. Oh yeah, money would help too.

So me, being the apple shape that I am was a tad unsure about peg pants. I think they look fab on girls with some serious boo-tay, like my girl J. Fatshionable, her LB pants look amazing. But I have to do about 100 squats a day to have any sort of a credible rear end, so I just wasn't too sure. I don't always dress for things that are flattering, but I wont wear things if they just look gawd-awful. Plain and simple. Ultimately I think it boils down to comfort. If I'm wearing something just because I like the style on others and I don't really feel that special in it, it's got to go. However, these pants... I love them. I got these on sale in the clearance section of LB for $12.00. They are originally $100.00. Not bad. I think they fit into my vintage modern aesthetic pretty well. They have a very Hepburn-esque class about them. I paired them with a muted leopard cardigan. I wear this cardigan at least once a week, the color makes it so versatile, and the print keeps things fun. Paird it with my pumps from Aldo. Mind you, these are the pumps I recently broke my ankle in. I'm a survivor! Oh and the chunky silver jewelery is from Urban Outfitters.


Okay, so I got my graduation dress. I wanted to go for something really classic and lightweight, cause I have to wear a definitely-not-chic black polyester graduation robe (and that dinky little hat, too) in May in Kentucky. So, I chose this gorgeous Calvin Klein silk dress. What a classic cut, and this dress is light as a feather. And it's red! Really red! Makes me reminiscent of Georgia O'Keefe's poppies. I paired it with my new Nine West strappy sandals. These shoes are super comfortable and I got them at Hyders here in BG. Kids, if you are ever in town, make a trip to Hyders for incredible deals on designer shoes. They buy left-overs and shoes used on photoshoots or on catwalks and sell them at deep discounts. Just got a pair of Michael Kors shoes from there as well. Anyway, I think these shoes edge up the dress a tad.





Love you all!

Kelly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That red dress is amazing!! I love it!!

Mary Helen said...

ok, so you already know my feelings about the red dress but i just halfta gush a little more.
You are THE woman in THE red dress