Monday, February 22, 2010

Just wanted to take a moment to explain why I'm doing this.

This blog is for me, above anything else. I'm not actively seeing promotional clothing or advertising. I am not trying to gain a following or even a mediocre level of notoriety. There are better bloggers with bigger fashion budgets than I who have already established a good bit of the market share. I am doing this because I am a fashion fiend trapped in a college student's wardrobe. I am getting ready to graduate in May and it is really important for me to better cultivate my personal style. This blog is more of a process... a journey if you will for me to really find what things make me happy, what inspires me. I saw an interview with Chloe Sevigny yesterday and she said something that I really agreed with. Fashion is really the culmination of art forms, because it is a direct reflection of what is going on in digital, print and music. It's an amalgamation of the culture. It has always fascinated me. I don't dress the way I do for anyone else but me. When others like my style or find me sexy or cool or attractive or inspiring, it makes me feel wonderful because I know I have earned that attention by doing things my way and dressing the way I want to dress. But I am also just fine without it. Just wanted to say that.

2 comments:

Runic Rhyme said...

Girl, you do your thing without explanation!!

Kelly said...

LOVE YOU and thank you for being supportive.